NEET Exam Pattern 2023
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern: Marking Scheme, No of Questions, Total Marks NEET Exam Pattern 2023: NEET exam also referred to as the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This national-level exam is conducted by the agency for admission in MBBS, AYUSH, veterinary and nursing courses. The exam is a gateway for all medical aspirants to get their heads into top medical colleges in India. Candidates seeking admission in AYUSH, BDS, or Nursing courses have to sit for the exam too.
NEET Exam Pattern 2023 will be released by the NTA in the official information bulletin at the official website. As per the NEET pattern in the past years, there were 200 questions in the paper with internal choice in section B of each subject. Students had to attempt 180 questions out of the NEET total questions. Students were given a choice to attempt 45 questions out of the 50 asked in each NEET subject- Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, and Physics.
Provided here on the page are the details about NEET Exam Pattern 2023, NEET marking scheme, NEET marks distribution, NEET languages, NEET 2023 exam duration, NEET Cut-off, NEET 2023 syllabus, and more.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern (Tentative)
NEET 2023 Exam mode:
Offline – Pen and paper mode.
NEET 2023 Exam Language:
Candidates will get an option of writing NEET 2023 paper in 13 languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Punjabi
NEET 2023 Time Duration:
3 hours 20 minutes
Type of Questions in NEET 2023
Objective type questions (MCQ’s)
Number of questions in NEET 2023:
200 (20 Optional – 5 from Each Subject)
NEET 2023 Total Marks:
NEET 2023 Marking Scheme:
Each correct answer will fetch 4 marks. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
NEET 2023 Subject-wise Weightage of Marks
Number of Questions
Biology (Botany/ Zoology)
90 (45 each)
NEET Marking Scheme 2023
Marking scheme of NEET 2023: Every question in NEET question paper will carry 4 marks. While each correct answer can fetch a maximum of 4 marks, every incorrect answer will make you lose 1 mark due to negative marking. Only a blue/black ballpoint pen is to be used to mark the answers. More than one marking in the NEET answer sheet for any question will count as the wrong answer and will have to bear negative marking.
No answer/ Multiple answers
Important Points to Remember while marking NEET OMR Sheet
NEET 2023 OMR Sheet will be in a sealed pack and will be distributed at the allocated time. While filling the OMR sheet and marking the answers, students must ensure a few things as mentioned below:
- Make sure to darken the entire circle properly
- Do not mark multiple circles as it will result in non-calculation for that particular question.
- Do not do any rough work on the OMR sheet
- Do not change or rub any answer once marked.
- No stray marks should be made on the NEET OMR sheet.
NEET 2023 Question Paper- Language Options
- Candidates could opt for any language for the NEET 2023 exam out of the 13 languages option provided by the NTA. Provided language options are – English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Punjabi
- While filling the NEET 2023 Application form, candidates could for their preferred medium of NEET 2023 question paper.
- English test booklet was provided to candidates who opted for the English medium.
- Bilingual Test Booklet i.e., booklet both in Hindi and English language was provided to candidates who opted for NEET 2023 in Hindi medium.
- For the candidates who opted for any regional language, Bilingual Test Booklet in the selected language and in English was provided.
- The option of Vernacular languages was also given as per the provided details:
NEET 2023 Question Paper Medium
Location of Exam Centers
English and Hindi Medium
At all examination centers in all cities
English & Assamese
Centers in Assam
English & Bengali
Centers in West Bengal, Tripura and Andaman and Nicobar Iceland
English & Gujarati
Centers in Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
English & Marathi
Centers in Maharashtra
English & Tamil
Centers in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Iceland
English & Telugu
Centers in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana
English & Oriya
Centers in Odisha
English & Kannada
Centers in Karnataka
English & Urdu
At all examination centers in all cities
English & Malayalam
Centers in Kerala & Lakshadweep
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The NEET 2023 Syllabus will be based on Classes 11th and 12th as prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Subjects for NEET 2023 exam are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
NEET Physics (Important Topics):
- Laws of Motion
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Electronic Devices
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Properties of Bulk Matter
NEET Biology (Important Topics):
- Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Ecology & Environment
- Diversity in Living World
- Biology and Human Welfare
NEET Chemistry (Important Topics):
- Equilibrium, Alcohols
- Electro Chemistry
- P-Block Elements
- Surface Chemistry
- Phenols and Ethers
NEET 2023 Important Details
The NEET Admit Card will be released before the exam. NTA will also release the NEET 2023 Exam City Intimation Slip for the reference of the candidates.
Once the NEET exam is over, NTA will release a provisional NEET Answer Key and candidates’ response sheet on its official website. The candidates will be allowed to raise objections, if any, against the NEET answer key, and after evaluation by the authorities a final NEET answer key will be released.
After that, NTA will release the NEET result. As of now, the NEET 2023 Result date is not known. The NTA will also release NEET Cut Off 2023 and NEET Merit List 2023 on the basis of which candidates will be shortlisted for the NEET Counselling process.
Also See: NEET 2022 Answer Key with Solutions and Question Paper Analysis
NEET 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
To ace the NEET 2023 exam in one go, the following tips can be quite helpful:
- Knowing the NEET syllabus is primarily important. To understand the exam pattern, first, it is important to be thorough with the syllabus.
- Solve ample amounts of sample papers. Take regular mock tests to analyze your NEET 2023 preparation
- It is wise to join any coaching class or e-learning platforms in case you are finding it difficult to make it on your own by self-study.
- Make it a habit to write down all the important points in the form of notes. Revising the topics through notes will be much easier.
- Making a timetable won’t help until you follow it. If you are making one, make sure to follow it.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern- FAQs
Question: Will there be any changes in the NEET 2023 exam pattern? Will the syllabus be reduced?
Answer: As of now, no such notification has been released by the NTA. The syllabus for NEET 2023 will be the same. The authority had earlier released the syllabus and exam pattern on the official site. For the ease of students, the NEET 2023 exam pattern is provided above on the page.
Question: When will NEET 2023 be held?
Answer: NEET 2023 schedule is yet to be released. The NTA will also release the Exam City Intimation slips before the exam.
Question: Will NEET 2023 be conducted in online mode?
Answer: Expectations for this are quite high. NTA might release a statement supporting the same. No confirmation is there as of now.
Question: In how many languages NEET 2023 will be conducted?
Answer: NEET 2023 will most probably be conducted in 13 languages which are English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Punjabi.
Question: When is the NEET 2023 exam being held and where?
Answer: NEET 2023 exam dates are yet to be announced by the NTA. This is an important exam for students aspiring to get into top medical colleges in India for MBBS, BDS or AYUSH courses.