The National Testing Agency (NTA) can anytime announce the registration dates for 3 to be conducted on 07th May. As per the schedule, the NEET UG 2023 will be conducted in the Pen and Paper (Offline Mode) mode in almost 202 cities throughout the nation.
The dress code for NEET 2023 prescribed by the NTA is to be followed by all candidates without fail. If any candidate fails to meet the requirements, he/she will not be allowed to sit for the NEET 2023 exam.
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, NTA added two major items in the existing dress code parameter which are masks and gloves.
The NTA has made the following changes to the NEET 2023 Dress Code:
(1) It is mandatory for every student to carry a face mask and gloves. Candidates must wear gloves for the entire duration of the exam.
(2) Carrying or wearing Heavy jewelry pieces, watches, or other wearable devices is not permitted in the NEET exam hall.
(3) No candidate (for both Male and Female Candidates) will be allowed to wear full-sleeved or light-coloured clothes at the exam center.
(4) Clothes with big buttons will not be allowed.
(5) In the NEET exam hall, candidates will have to wear Slippers/ sandals with low heels. Shoes, Bellies, Sunglasses, Wallets, handbags will not be allowed.
(6) Kurta Pyjamas for Boys and Sarees for girls are not allowed in the exam hall.
NEET Dress Code 2023
The official NEET 2023 brochure which is very soon going to be released by the National Testing Agency will specify the dress code. For now, we are sharing below the dress code which was recommended by the NTA till the previous year. Candidates who wish to appear for the exam in a customary dress will be required to report at the exam center at least an hour before for a thorough frisking. No candidate will be allowed to carry prohibited items in the exam hall.
NEET 2023 Dress Code for Male Candidates
The following dress code for Male candidates announced by the NTA has to be followed without a fail:
(1) No male candidate will be allowed to wear full-sleeved shirts/t-shirts in the exam hall. Male candidates will only be allowed to wear half-sleeved shirts and t-shirts.
(2) Male candidates will not be allowed to wear any bulky clothes with zip pockets, big buttons, sequins, or embroideries. Candidates should only wear light and simple clothes.
(3) Male candidates will not be allowed to wear Kurta Pajama.
(4) Male candidates cannot wear shoes during the exam. Simple sandals or chappals with thin soles will only be allowed.
NEET 2023 Dress Code For Female Candidates
The following dress code for Female candidates announced by the NTA has to be followed without a fail:
(1) Female candidates will not be allowed to wear clothes with sequins, embroidery, patches, brooches, or big buttons.
(2) Female candidates appearing for NEET 2023 will not be allowed to wear full-sleeve clothes. Only clothes with half sleeves will be allowed.
(3) Footwear with high heels and thick soles are prohibited. Female candidates must wear simple sandals or slippers with low heels.
(4) Female candidates will not be allowed to wear jewellery pieces like earrings, nose pins, rings, necklaces, anklets, bracelets, or pendants.
NEET 2023- Provision of wearing Customary Dress
Candidates belonging to a particular religion that requires wearing a customary dress will be allowed to wear their dress. According to the decision by the Hon. High Court of Delhi, Sikh candidates will be allowed to carry kara, kirpan, or kanga with them. Muslim female candidates will be allowed to wear Burkha. Candidates will be able to fill the option of wearing their customary dresses while filling the NEET 2023 application form. Also, such candidates will be required to report to the exam hall at least an hour before the commencement of the exam for proper frisking.
NEET 2023- List of Prohibited Items
While appearing for the NEET 2023, candidates will not be allowed to carry some items inside the exam hall. The list of such banned items is shared below: .
(1) Stationery items such as textual material, geometry or pencil box, plastic pouch, calculator, pen, scale, pen drives, eraser, log table, Electronic pen, scanner, writing pad, bits of paper, etc..
(2) Any communication device like mobile phones, Bluetooth, earphones, microphones, health bands, etc..
(3) Other items like wallet, goggles, handbags, belts, cap, etc..
(4) Watch, bracelet, camera, etc..
(5) Any ornament or a metallic item, etc. .
(6) Any food items opened or a packed water bottle, etc..
(7) Other items that can be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like a microchip, camera, Bluetooth devices, etc.
NEET 2023- Special Provision for Diabetic Candidates
Diabetic candidates appearing for NEET 2023 will be given some relaxation to sit for the NEET 2023 exam. Guidelines for such candidates are given below:
(1) Diabetic candidates will be allowed to carry eatables like their sugar tablets, fruits (banana, apple, orange), and a water bottle (transparent) to the exam hall.
(2) Any packaged items like chocolates, candy, sandwiches, etc cannot be carried to the NEET exam center.
NEET 2023 Related Links
NEET 2023 Dress Code- FAQs
A. Yes, candidates appearing for the NEET 2023 exam can wear light-coloured denim jeans.
A. No, both male and female candidates will not be allowed to wear any kind of jewellery including earrings, nose rings, rings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets, or anklets.
A. Yes, wearing Palazzo pants is allowed in the NEET exam hall.
A. Candidates with big or elaborate tattoos cannot appear for the examination. Candidates who wish to appear for the exam with tattoos must inform the authorities in advance to avoid any trouble at the last stage.
A. No, watches will not be allowed in the exam hall.