MBBS Seats in India
“Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity.”
The aspiration to choose MBBS as a career option for the betterment of society is undoubtedly magnificent. To pursue the dream of becoming an MBBS, the course in India requires a minimum qualification.
A few of the information are noted below for your reference and diligence.
- The candidates who have cleared the 12th examinations with physics, chemistry, and biology are eligible for the seat in the MBBS course.
- The candidates must clear the All India Entrance Exam (NEET). NEET is conducted for MBBS seats in India by the central board of secondary education annually.
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December of the year of admission.
- The cut-off mark for MBBS seats in India for the general category is 50%, and for SC/ST/OBC categories, it is 40%.
- 15% of the total seats in all medical & dental colleges in India are reserved for candidates who top the NEET examination.
The seats for MBBS course in India are limited, which have resulted in a competitive environment among the candidates. The dream to get into the top MBBS colleges can only be fulfilled through the highest score in the NEET examination. As per, National Medical Commission (NMC) website, there is a total of 648 medical colleges in India. The total number of MBBS seats in all government Societies, trusts, and Private Colleges is 98013.